Material Maker 1.3
Material Maker has been updated to 1.3, with a bunch of new nodes and features such as easier interaction with the website and custom node sharing. As always, please don't hesitate to report bugs and submit ideas for new features and new nodes for next releases on Github.
Thanks a lot to everyone who support this project on Patreon or donated here on itch.io, contributed new nodes or new features for Material Maker, suggested new features or reported bugs, or posted awesome assets on the Material Maker website.
You may notice this release has a little bit less new stuff than usual, and it's for a good reason: while preparing it, I spend a huge part of my Material Maker time to start porting the codebase to Godot 4. So 1.3 is the last release based on Godot 3, and1.4 will be built upon Godot 4 and hopefully available in July. Porting involves a complete rewrite of key parts of the tool, including shader generation, so it is likely there will be alpha and beta releases in June, so if you're willing to help finding all those nasty bugs before release time, please don't hesitate to join the Discord server.
- All interactions with the website have been updated, and most operations, like downloading assets, signing in and submitting new assets or updating existing ones, can now be performed directly in Material Maker.
- In addition to materials, brushes and environments, custom nodes can now be shared on the website (by signing in and using the node's context menu). Note that Material Maker requires and verifies that the node is correctly documented (i.e. the node as well as all its inputs, parameters and outputs have a description) before it can be submitted, so custom nodes that are available on the website are as easy to use as possible.
- Parameter expressions now support the $rndi function, that returns a random integer value within the specified range (contributed by Arnklit)
- The 2D Preview panel now has an option to export export non square textures
- A new Random Weave node that generates a randomized weave pattern has been added (contributed by Arnklit)
- All SDF repeat nodes (2D and 3D, grid and circle) have been improved with support for variations (contributed by Arnklit)
- The Normal Blend node now accepts a variable number of inputs (contributed by Arnklit)
- A new Cairo (pentagonal tiling, shown in the Share asset dialog screenshot above) pattern node has been added
- A new Spherize node, that maps its input to a sphere, has been added (contributed by williamchange)
- Corrected an update problem in the Iterate Buffer node
- Corrected a NaN problem in the sdArc node (contributed by myaaaaaaaaa)
- Corrected a problem where the recovery file was not deleted when closing a tab
- Corrected an export problem in the Painting tool
- Corrected a problem with the Fill nodes where areas could leak though corners
Get Material Maker
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.